Friday, September 18, 2009

100% pure art blog

Me= Rob Evans. This is my art blog that will be solely devoted to my art and other creations! Enjoy! I will start by posting some older stuff.

Crest white strips, 2008, acrylic on hardboard



Green hand grabby, 2007, acrylic, spray paint, marker on hardboard



untitled, 2008, acrylic on canvas



Cocked, 2003, airbrush, spray paint, colored pencil on hardboard

This piece is significant to me because it best represents the foundation of my style, even though it was kind of a fluke. At the time i really wanted to create a striking, photo realistic image. Instead, i finished the face and got distracted or bored with the process of rendering with such realism. I started having fun with some krylon, spraying and dripping. The proportions of the face also mesmerized me and to this day i still can't decide if the are correct or not- i go back and forth. This is probably a reason i enjoy looking at the piece so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment